Friday, March 2, 2012

My Famous Banana Bread

This is my Famous Banana Nut Bread Recipe Tutorial!
I am about to share it with you all,
but first you must promise not to tell anyone where you got it.....lol
okay you can share it, but you have to promise
 to always add the "secret Ingredient"!
And Here it is.....

Victoria's Famous Banana Nut Bread

Ingredients
1/3 c. Butter (room Temperature)
1/2 c. Granulated Sugar
1/2 c. Brown sugar(packed)
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean paste
2 Eggs
3 to 6 VERY Ripe Bananas(depends on size)(mashed)
Enough water to equal 2 1/2 cups Liquid/Bananas
1 and 2/3 c. All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 cup Coarsely Chopped Pecans(optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease or spray just the bottom of your loaf pans!!
Pre-assemble all the ingredients.
Using the steps below combine 
the ingredients as follows....
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60 min.


This is what I like my bananas to 
look like for Banana Bread!!
                                      
                                                                Room temperature butter.


                                                                Eggs and Pure Vanilla.


                                                                       The sugars.
                                                                  Chopped Pecans.
                                                            All the dry ingredients.


The mashed bananas and enough water 
to equal 2.5 cups of liquid.


All the ingredients ready to go!!


Step 1 Cream the butter...
Step 2: Mix the butter and 
sugars together.

Scrape the bowl down to ensure an even mixture.

Takes about 3 to 5 min to cream the 
butter and sugars till light an fluffy.

Step 3: add the eggs and Vanilla...

combine well and scrape the bowl down...

continue to mix well until light and fluffy again.

Step 4: add banana and water 
mixture and combine well.

Step 5: add the dry ingredients
 and mix until just moist.

Step 6: Optional!!! 
Add the chopped nuts and fold in by hand!!

Step 7: divide the mixture between 
the two prepared loaf pans.

Bake @ 350 degrees for 60 min. or until a tooth 
pic inserted in center comes out clean.
I made three batches at once here!!

All done and beautiful!!!

This is a very moist bread, allow to cool
 in the pans on a cooling rack before you cut.

Enjoy with anything you like, here
 we like cream cheese or butter!!

If you want to save one for later, wrap 
tightly with plastic wrap(while still slightly warm), label, and place
 in a ziploc freezer bag, before you freeze.

In case you have to ask my secret ingredient is actually
(that I use extra ripe or frozen bananas)
And LOVE!!

I hope you enjoy my recipe as much as my family and friends do.
It is what I make for them every Christmas.
A few times a year(when I have accumulated enough 
bananas in the freezer)
 I make a few batches and give some away and 
store a few in the freezer.
I make it as a treat, it is a specialty that I like to share
on occasion, but you may like to make it every week!!!
Please enjoy and let me know how yours comes out!!!

Love ~Victoria~ 



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment